10 THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT C.A. GRAY:
- I once performed in a musical in England. The show? “Return to the Forbidden Planet.” It’s kind of Shakespeare’s “The Tempest” meets a bad Sci-Fi B movie, with a bunch of rock ’n roll songs thrown in for good measure.
- I was fluent in Spanish… in 2004. I thought I wanted to be a missionary doctor in Mexico, so I moved there and learned by immersion. But sadly, at this point I’m barely conversational.
- I have a 16 degree kink in my spine. I fractured L2 while sledding and fell off a 10 foot cliff. Everyone else fell off the cliff too, in fact that was the idea because the bottom was covered in powder… but *I* landed wrong.
- Shortest length of time I’ve ever been overseas: 40 hours. I flew from AZ to Ireland… for ONE WEEKEND. I also had a biochem exam the morning after I got back.
- I’ve gotten lost in a country where I didn’t speak the language… twice. In Cyprus and in Mexico. I’ve gotten lost in many, many places where I did speak the language, but it’s so much less interesting when you can ask for directions.
- While in my first semester of med school, I had the female lead role in a music video which I don’t think ever saw the light of day. The group was called “Ever Stays Red” and the song was “Can’t Explain.” I had to get an antique wedding dress all caked in mud.
- I once bought a red convertible from a slimy used car salesman… and promptly sold it one week later. It was a lemon.
- In 2016, I fulfilled my lifelong dream of getting married barefoot on a beach to a wonderful man… in Costa Rica, no less!
- For the longest time I refused to read Harry Potter, because I was “too cool” and I only read “real literature.” Then I picked up the first one and ripped through the whole series in like two months.
- I used to play piano, and I was good, too, if I do say so myself… I was even a pianist for a wedding my senior year in high school (although it was only a tiny destination wedding in Maui). Unfortunately I’m so out of practice now that it’s painful to listen to me struggle through a song. I’ll pick it up again one day!
*Click the icon to expand or collapse each section.