Sometimes things just fall into place perfectly, with no effort whatsoever.
…This was *not* one of those times.
A list of obstacles in getting this place:
- Two emergency family surgeries
- Inability to get set up for phone/internet for the first week of operation
- Inability of the poor little AT&T hotspot and internet-based phone and fax (the solution to the aforementioned problem) to handle so many devices at once
- The internet-based phone randomly deciding to “mute” itself in the middle of phone calls
- Multiple counts of theft from my previous location
- Lack of approval for a business license from the city due to a lack of a certificate of occupancy (still waiting on the landlord for this)
- Lots of conflict with a previous office-mate
- Angry patients who never got a call about my change of location and showed up at the wrong place (45 minutes away)
- Several pieces of furniture that have yet to arrive
- Lab companies continuing to send info to the wrong fax number (despite multiple requests to change the address)
But! I’m here! And I bought a “nature sounds” CD so now the waiting room alternately sounds like the ocean or mountain streams or a rainfall. 🙂 And I have accent walls (I’ve always wanted accent walls!) And I’m five minutes from my house (and two minutes from the gym, so if a patient cancels I can just go lift weights, assuming I have nothing else to do.)
*Sigh.* I am so, so blessed.
Caitlin O'Brient Bauer says
That’s fantastic! Love the colors and everything. Don’t ever tell me you’re not a designer… 😉 #GoodTaste